Mr. O’Shields’ practice is focused on commercial real estate transactions, with an emphasis on development of housing, including affordable housing; development projects in downtown areas; land title matters; title insurance, including claims defense; public finance, advising utility companies in matters involving the operational aspects of utilities and the purchase and sale of utility systems.
PUBLICATIONS AND PRESENTATIONS
- Presenter at numerous seminars on various title insurance and real estate topics
- Redevelopment projects for hotel and housing developments in downtown Jacksonville and waterfront redevelopment, and development agreements, including structuring and obtaining of economic development incentives.
- Involved in numerous housing issues, including acting as bond counsel or developer's counsel in tax-exempt financings involving multi-family and single-family housing projects, and advising several different non-profit corporations in connection with their housing programs.
- Represented a national title insurance underwriting company as its interim Florida underwriting counsel on two occasions, and represented several national title insurance companies in the administration of title insurance claims.
- Representation of water and sewer utility companies in the negotiation of various utility service agreements and the sale of water and sewer utility systems to both private and governmental purchasers of those systems.