You’ve worked hard to grow and protect your business over a number of years, but as time passes and your company evolves, change is inevitable.Eventually, the time comes when transitioning your company’s ownership and operation to the next generation — or to a new owner or management regime — makes sense.To achieve that, it is critical that you proceed with a comprehensive succession plan in place. Making the right choices will ensure that you and your business can continue to prosper long after the transition.
Whether you have a family business you would like to pass on to your children, a trusted protégé who is ready take over the reins, or you are simply preparing for the eventual transition to a not-yet-determined person (or group), the Rogers Towers Business Succession Practice Group is ready with the strategic insight you need.
The Florida business lawyers at Rogers Towers have helped numerous companies make tricky transitions over the years. We understand the challenges at hand and the issues at play.
Our goal is a successful and seamless transition. To get there, we connect our business team with our Tax Practice Group as well as lawyers from other practice groups as appropriate, putting the full power of Rogers Towers experience and insight to work for your business.
You can count on our Business Succession Practice Group for:
- Management and ownership succession planning and implementation
- Consulting arrangements
- Organizational document cleanup and analysis
- Analysis of equity ownership
- Implementing employee stock ownership plans
- Drafting succession plans to comply with SEC regulations for investment advisors, funds, and other investment managers
- Preparing voting and non-voting succession trusts
- Preparing optional and mandatory purchase and redemption documents
- Restructuring of business entities and assets to accomplish succession planning goals
We also routinely work with other company advisors, such as CPAs, financial advisors and business consultants, to ensure we leave no stone unturned.