Mr. Shaver practices in the areas of federal and state taxation, the creation, operation, reorganization and disposition of partnerships, corporations and other business and professional entities, including healthcare entities, mergers and acquisitions, as well as general corporate matters. Doug’s practice includes structuring and negotiating complex business transactions throughout the United States and in certain international markets.
- Assists clients in the structuring of and the tax planning for business and investment opportunities and in that connection drafts a wide variety of business related agreements, including partnership agreements, shareholder agreements, acquisition agreements, merger agreements and the like.
- Represents individuals and entities in connection with business reorganization, mergers, acquisitions, sales, and business planning.
- Assists clients in pursuit of international business ventures, including coordinating with local counsel in formation of foreign holding companies and joint venture entities and related licensure and regulatory matters, drafting and negotiating joint venture agreements and advising on corporate governance matters and legal issues in commercial transactions.
- Advises clients on a wide variety of federal income tax issues arising under non-qualified deferred compensation plans.
- Drafts non-qualified deferred compensation plans and agreements.
- Extensive business background.